In this pollock recipe by Nathan Outlaw, fillets are encrusted in a mix of cheddar, herbs and breadcrumbs for a great savoury taste and texture. This is a wonderful main dish served with a side of green beans, a fresh salad or some sautéed potatoes.
- 4 - 225g pollock fillets
- 75g of white breadcrumbs
- 50g of cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 4 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp of chopped dill
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 25g of butter, melted
- Cornish sea salt to season
- freshly ground black pepper to season olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220oC/gas mark 7. Season the pollock with salt and pepper on both sides and lay skin-side down on a well-oiled baking tray
2. Put the breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, dill and garlic into a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the melted butter and mix well with a fork. Divide the mixture between the fillets and press on top of each piece in a thick, even layer.
3. Drizzle over a little olive oil and bake for 10-12 minutes (8 minutes per inch of fish thickness) or until the crust is crisp and lightly golden and the fish is cooked through